Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Water Temperature


I was sitting in my US Geography class and we were learning about the Bypass East section of the country. (This has to do with your class I promise!) And we were talking how the coast of Maine can be about 10 to 15 degrees higher than the inner part of the part. Granted it will still be cold as heck, but not as much. He said if any of you have ever taken Physical Geography or Environmental Geography, you know that the water warms the land next to it because it takes and longer time to cool down. I was so excited that he mentioned that because I knew exactly what he was talking about! It also made a lot of sense and helped me understand this kind of situation better.

Learning about how water takes a long time to get and release temperatures helps me understand our weird weather over here in the Bay Area. Now I know why it is so chilly in the summer time in San Francisco but when autumn hits, it is actually a little warmer. But I also never knew that the water actually warmer in months like October than in the summer, it is very interesting, but again makes sense.


I am just excited that what I am learning in this class is already applying to my other classes and vice versa. That's how it was last year with Global Warming. For some reason, all of my classes talked about Global Warming in one way or another and they weren't even related classes, just general education classes. But by the end of the semester I had a good idea of what it was, which will make it a little easier to write this paper. Everything is starting to reiterate itself and that will help to stick in my brain that much more.


No comments: