Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Weather Man!


John Farley was definitely not what I expected at all. He was really funny and down to earth, I guess I expected some snobby guy who would be totally uninterested in talking to us! But he answered all our questions above and beyond, even adding information.


I like how he was very knowledgeable (in this field he said it wasn't unheard of to not be!) in many of the things we were asking him and things we talked about in class. I noticed that although he says he does not have a certain opinion on global warming, he is passionate about knowing why some people do, when it seems they do not know much about it. That was pretty funny.


I also liked how he said he went to different types of conventions, from weather to global warming/environmental. This helps make him a very well rounded person and easy to talk to. I never realized how different things are incorporated into his job such as marketing. I guess if you like different things and are interested in weather, it can make your job more interesting.


In the end, I really liked our conversation and thought it was a very rewarding experience. Whoever didn't go missed valuable information! (Suckers).

No comments: